Mamiya M 35mm point and shoot


The manual from Butkus.

The Mamiya M has a shutter speed range of 1/8 to 1/500. And an ASA range of 25 to 800. Apertures go from f2.8 to f16.

I really like the early 1980s cameras like this 1982 Mamiya. They all have threads for filters and manual ISO control. What really make this camera excellent is the pre-focus, much like the Nikon L35AF. I often use force flash in daylight so the Mamiya M is good one to use. With the Nikon L35AF, you have to trick the camera into popping up the flash unit.

Maybe this will be my beach camera for 2012.

I dislike the P&S camera that DOESN'T show what distance it has decided to focus on. The Canon MC unfortunately did just that. Certain cameras, like the Minolta Hi-Matic AF with the manual film advance, only let you know the focusing distance during exposure which is a bit too late in my opinion.

However, manual advance is always nice as it is quiet and allows the user to decide when to advance the frame - always appreciated for the street shooter.

I sold my Mamiya C33 a few years back and have regretted it. This little p&s will be my stand-in until I find a nice Mamiya TLR with a prism finder. One day.

Comments

Popular Posts